As I have been doing for last few years, it is time to assess how well I have done on my blogging and learning goals. I will also share my goals for the second half of 2015.
Status for 2015 first half goals
Here is my assessment of the goals I had set out for myself:
- Write 2 blogs related to OpenStack: this time I must blog about Open vSwitch and Neutron agents
- Score: 9/10
- Status: While I wrote multiple blogs about OpenStack, I could not focus on Open vSwitch.
- Write 2 blogs in the WILT series
- Score: 5/10
- Status: I have learnt a lot this year but could write only one blog on the WILT series
- Create one YouTube video related to OpenStack or Networking
- Score: 0/10
- Status: This is an easy one. No new YouTube video so the score is zero :).
The first half of the year brought with it some very positive developments professionally. The biggest being the opportunity to write a book about OpenStack. I also spent considerable time developing OpenStack install scripts for Juno release. Both activities kept me well occupied and overall it has been a great first half of the year. On the improvement side, I will try to space my blogs more evenly through out the 6 months.
Goals for the second half of 2015
The OpenStack book is due later this year and I definitely intend to work on the install scripts for OpenStack Kilo release. So continuing the theme of blogging and experimenting around OpenStack, her are my goals:
- YouTube video related to OpenStack – making a video is not easy but I believe I have nailed down the topic for the video.
- Build and blog about a small OpenStack GUI related idea – this could be 1-2 blogs
- Release the installation scripts for Kilo on Github
- Write a management related blog on LinkedIn – something new that I want to attempt
- Write 1 blog in the WILT series
The ground work for some these goals are already in place. However with the release of the book later this year, I need to manage my time well to meet these goals.